Framing a completed diamond painting project is hugely satisfying – you get to showcase your masterpiece in the most flattering manner!
But, if you're looking for a slightly different look than the traditional glass and frame, you might be interested in mounting your completed Diamond Painting to a foam board. It's a relatively cheap alternative to framing your work, and you still get to hang it against a wall to be admired by friends and family.
We'll walk you through exactly what you need to do and what supplies you need!
- Completed Diamond Painting Kits
- Foam board
- Utility knife
- Spray adhesive
What Is Foam Board?
Foam board is widely used for a variety of projects and crafts, and is available in a range of sizes. It's lightweight and made from rigid plastic foam with a paper or plastic coating and can be cut, glued and written, or drawn on, depending on its required use.
Pick Your Favorite Completed Diamond Painting Project
Choose your favorite completed Diamond Painting project.
Cut The Foam Board To Desired Size
- Measure and mark your desired cuts using a pencil. Beware of using a pen or marker as these can smear since the ink doesn't dry immediately on the board's surface.
- With a steady hand, trim the foam board on your pencil markings with the utility knife. Make sure to stay as true to your markings as possible.
- You'll be able to find different-sized foam boards on Amazon, at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, or your local crafting store. They're also very reasonably priced.
Trim The Canvas
- If you'd like to wrap your canvas around the foam board, measure two inches larger than the foam board, and mark the measurements on the canvas.
- If you'd prefer not to wrap the canvas around the board, cut the canvas the same size as the foam board.
Mount The Canvas To The Foam Board
Add glue to the foam board using craft glue or a spray adhesive. We've found that the spray adhesive delivers the best results.
Spray a light coat of the adhesive on the foam board by holding the canister a few inches from the board. Wait for approximately 30 seconds.
Turn your Diamond Painting canvas upside down, center the foam board to the canvas, and stick the board to the canvas. Flip the board and canvas over and smooth the canvas down by pressing it gently – working from the center out.
If you're choosing to wrap your canvas around the board, spray one edge at a time and stick the canvas to the board's edges.
Completed and shared by shared by Jean S.
Completed and shared by Cassandra W.
And Then How To Hang?
Punch one hole in the top center, or alternatively, two holes at the top of your foam board pics, string a hanging wire through the holes. You can now hang your beautiful projects on your wall.
Mounting your completed Diamond Painting project is a great way to showcase your work, but you also might want to look into framing your work with a frame from our collection.
And if you're looking for your next project, feel free to check out how to order your own custome design on Pretty Neat Creative!
If you have any questions, please drop me a comment below. Your feedback is something I always look forward to.