Picking the Perfect Custom Diamond Painting Photo
1. The larger the photo, the betterWe’re not talking about physical size here. More digital size. Quality and pixel size will make a big difference in the final turn out of your painting. Choose a large photo that is of the highest quality and remember that each pixel is a diamond in your artwork. You may wonder about what pixel is and how do you know the quality of your photos, do not fear! There is an easy way to check this: Use your mobile phone to zoom in on your chosen photo, if it looks blurry or pixilated then the image will not come out good as a diamond painting. We also don't recommend screenshots or photos scanned from your phone camera as the quality of these is quite low, try to get the original photo for the best result.
2. Colors and shading of your photos are also importantYou should choose photos with vivid colors and colors that contrast each other. This will help the shades in your image stand out better. Images where the colors blend and fade gradually are probably not going to yield the best results and should be avoided. You can adjust the overall color, tone and also negate shadow effects in your favorite photo editing program before submitting your photo for a custom, or contact us to get FREE photo enhancement. We also advise that you find the level of difficulty you are comfortable with: The more colors and objects in your picture, the greater detailed your custom diamond painting will be. However, it also adds to its difficulty. Find a happy medium.
3. Choose the picture size that best fits your photoBe sure to pick a canvas size and shape that matches your original image for the best possible outcome. Is your original image landscape, portrait, or square? If the original photo is portrait, never opt for a landscape canvas and vice versa. The sole reason behind it is that if you choose a portrait canvas for a landscape picture, it will just seem odd as the photo will be stretched out or cropped to fit the size. When it comes to diamond painting “the bigger, the better”, and that is true in that the bigger the picture, the more options you have in regards to choosing an image. Bear in mind, kits of big size are not cheap, but the results are well worth the money. For further information, you can read our blog about choosing the right size for your diamond painting here.
Turn Your Favourite Photos to Diamond Painting! Perfect as a gift.
Just follow some simple steps below and you will have your very own diamond paintings in no time. Easy as pie!
Our Photo Edit Experts are always available to help you with FREE Photo Enhancement. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or requests.
You can also create your Custom Diamond Painting in various creative ways. Click here to discover more.
How to order?
- Step 1. Prepare a clear photo which you want to make (the minimum is 1000 pixels). The aspect ratio of your photo should be: 1:1; 3:4 or 4:3.
- Step 2. Upload your photo
- Step 3. Choose a suitable size according to the aspect ratio of your photo and Place your order.
- We can only process one image per order so please do not change the Quantity, keep it in default (which is 1). If you want to order 2 or more custom paintings, please make a new order for each one by following the steps above.
- Higher resolutions will contain more details than lower. If you’ve ever looked at a photo that was blurry and undefined, that means it is low resolution.
- Our custom canvases are made in China using advanced manufacturing technologies and strictly following high-demand US standards.
- The time to make a custom diamond painting often takes a bit longer in the image editing process compared to a normal one.